Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Gospel of Mark

Today I'm beginning to post my commentary on the gospel of Mark. The translation I have chosen to use is the New American Standard, which will be written in bold. My commentary will be in regular text.

This commentary will be different from the Revelation commentary, as it will be posted paragraph by paragraph, rather than by phrase. Each paragraph is a separate text block, and though it has a continuum within the book, we will be looking at each individually.

From this, I hope that we will have a better understanding of the gospel, and so be able to live a better life. Any devotional comments will be posted in italics. The regular text is what I consider to be the solid understanding of the text. The italic text is my interpretation of the practical outgrowth of the text in an American context.

Thanks for reading. If you have anything to say, please post it. I'd love a discussion on any aspect of the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment